Hello and welcome to another weekly update, folks! We're officially unveiling our new Metrics experience into the universe and shipping sh*t that's B-A-N-A-N-A-S. Details below! 🍌
We've been rolling out a redesigned docs experience for some time now—check out this page for the details! Changes that are only applicable to the redesigned docs experience will be prefixed with a 🆕 emoji. The legacy docs style will be deprecated on December 31, 2021.
- 🆕 Good news if you enjoy stomping your feet with the girls, have been around the track a few times, and refuse to let it happen like that: with this release, we have officially shipped call-a-back girl supp—wait... uh oh. (sigh) y'all... I read this completely wrong. Let's try again: with this release, we have officially shipped callback support in the API Reference section. Brownie points if you implement this endpoint for events related to Gwen Stefani (and NOT Blake Shelton). See here for an example of the new functionality. 🗣
- So you might notice something a little (or a lot, rather) different when you log in to your project dashboard... we've officially rolled out our new Metrics improvements to everyone! When you load up your project, you'll step into a completely revamped dashboard with various top-level insights on your API usage, users, and docs. It's been completely redesigned to make it easy (and fast!) to explore all of this valuable information. Check out our docs to learn more and drop us a line if you have any feedback! 📊
- You can now set variables at the enterprise parent project level. This will make it much easier to have a unified variables experience across all of your child projects—a Hallie and Annie situation, if you will. 👯
- The docs for our
GET /api-specificationendpoint have long claimed that we do not require the
x-readme-versionheader and that we'd default to your project's main version if you don't include that header, but turns out that was... completely false. We made some behind-the-scenes updates to actually live up to this claim. 🤥
- 🆕 This release addresses several quirks for endpoints with multiple authentication schemes so the docs can better handle the credentials that you select. 🔑
- Fixed an issue where hovering your cursor over the lefthand column of items in the dashboard wasn't properly revealing their titles. 🎩
- This release fixes an issue where several users were unable to log into their documentation via SAML. 🔐
- Resolved some workflow issues regarding suggested edits for projects with a staging environment. 🔀
- 🆕 This release addresses a handful of issues with client-side navigation on enterprise projects. 🧭
- 🆕 Polished up some styling on the server variable menus in the the API Reference. 💅
Thanks for reading and for being a part of the ReadMe community, folks!
—Kanad and the ReadMe Team
What is the Owlet Weekly Update?
Thanks for tuning in to another edition of our Owlet Weekly Update—an owlet-sized update (posted every week to the ReadMe Changelog) on the product updates we're shipping here at ReadMe. We'd love to hear what you think of these updates at [email protected]!