A ReadMe project is the terminology we use to describe a developer hub. We offer three main types of projects: a regular project, a parent project, and a child project.
A parent project or enterprise group manages multiple projects under an enterprise dashboard and acts as a wrapper for the child projects offering a single custom domain and global landing page.
- A parent project provides some functionality across the child pages. A parent project can:
- Provide global CSS rules across all of your child's projects.
- Provide global third-party integrations settings across your child projects
- Provide custom JS rules across all of your child's projects.
- A parent project will provide a global landing page to house the projects under a singular project.
- The custom domain will be set up in the parent project and each child project will show up as a subdomain in the URL after the custom domain.
We now allow you to specify a different path for routing to your child project!
Check out how to set this up here
Here is an example of a parent enterprise group URL structure with three child projects:
- parent.readme.io/ <- Your global landing page
- parent.readme.io/Child1/docs/getting-started <- Page URL with default version
- parent.readme.io/Child2/v1.0/docs/getting-started <- Page URL with version specified
- parent.readme.io/Child3/lang-ja/v1.0/docs/getting-started <- Page URL with specified language and version
Enterprise parent projects are provisioned by a ReadMe Admin and require an Enterprise plan. Contact [email protected] if you are interested!
The child settings will take precedence over the parent in most cases. In some cases, both of the settings are taken into account. For instance, if you have written custom CSS in the parent as well as the child, both of the custom CSS declarations will be taken into account.
Read through our localization integrations and support here.
Visit our enterprise feature request page to submit a feature request.
Use the Intercom messenger widget located in the bottom right of your project to contact the ReadMe support team. The support team is available Monday - Friday from 9 am - 5 pm PST (UTC-8)
Updated about 1 month ago