Owlet Weekly Update (Week of May 30)
12 months ago by Kanad Gupta
Hello and happy (almost) June, friends! This week we're making improvements to how we render response examples in the API reference, improving our API key management, and lots more. Let's dive in! 🌤️
✨ New & Improved
- If you’ve been following our changelog, you’ll notice that we recently had an incident involving ReadMe API Keys. The not-so-great news is that we made the decision to revoke and replace all ReadMe API keys, but the good news is that we rolled out a fancy new dashboard for managing your keys. Be sure to check out our incident post-mortem and our API Key Rotation FAQ to get all the info. 🔐
- As part of this release, we made a small but exciting update to how we render API response examples in the API Reference so we can now display examples for different media types! In other words, if you have example responses defined in JSON and XML, we now display both of them and specify the respective media types (i.e.
application/xml), rather than defaulting to JSON. 🌈
- The beta rollout of our new editor is currently underway! I’m actually using it as we speak to write this and I can attest to it being the absolute bee's knees. If you want to get access to it (and sign up for any of our other upcoming betas 👀), fill out this form! ✍️
- We’re in the process of rolling out our new Enterprise Authentication experience! This release includes more work on that front. Get the details on everything here! 🔑
🛠 Fixes & Updates
- This release addresses a handful of schema generation bugs for OpenAPI definitions generated from using our Manual API editor. ♻️
Hope you're staying safe and healthy! Thanks for being a part of the ReadMe community, folks.
—Kanad and the ReadMe team
What is the Owlet Weekly Update?
Thanks for tuning in to another edition of our Owlet Weekly Update—an owlet-sized update (posted every week to the ReadMe Changelog) on the product updates we're shipping here at ReadMe. We'd love to hear what you think of these updates at [email protected]!