It's Customer Appreciation Week (or CAW 🗣, for short), y'all! We spent the week hanging out at apidays, shouting out a few hubs that we love, and addressing a bunch of long-standing bugs and feature requests (nearly 40 in total!). See below for the highlight reel! 🦉
- The beta rollout of our new editor continues! I’m actually using it as we speak to write this and I can attest to it being the absolute bee's knees. This release includes even more work on this front! If you want to get access (and sign up for any of our other upcoming betas 👀), fill out this form. ✍️
- This release includes
rdmesyncing support for Changelog and Custom Pages! Similar to Guides, this means you can sync a directory of Markdown files to ReadMe via GitHub Action or command-line. 🔄
- When viewing individual API logs in the Metrics Dashboard, we now surface the email address of that API log’s user and added a convenient li’l button to quickly filter for all requests from that user. 📧
- This release includes a bunch of tiny touch-ups to code samples in the API Reference. More consistent usage of quotation marks, import patterns, indentation, and more. 🧹
- Various improvements to search, both on the performance and visual fronts. 🔍
- Some visual touch-ups to make our scroll bars dark in the right places. 🌚
- Fixed some issues across the board in the hubs where certain buttons and links were not taking you to where you were supposed to go. 🔗
- Fixed an issue where project invitation emails wouldn’t properly send to your friends if their email addresses contained certain special characters. 📤
- Fixed an issue in the API reference where parameter descriptions for response object parameters were experiencing width issues. 😳
- Fixed an issue where hidden reference pages were getting crawled. 👻
- This release includes a few small fixes around version creation. ♻️
- Some minor fixes related to Enterprise Authentication. 👥
- A few members of the team traveled from the Midwest to hang out at apidays NYC! Great conversations about DX were had, Owlbert stickers were doled out, and attendees had quite a bit of fun with an API we built just for the occasion. 🗽
- Miche took to the blog to discuss some of little details in our customers' developer hubs (such as Tomorrow.io, Capable Health, and Gusto) that make a big DX impact. 🧭
- And lastly, what's a themed week at ReadMe without a musical number from Pat? 🪗
Hope you're staying safe and healthy! Thanks for being a part of the ReadMe community, folks.
—Kanad and the ReadMe team
What is the Owlet Weekly Update?
Thanks for tuning in to another edition of our Owlet Weekly Update—an owlet-sized update (posted every week to the ReadMe Changelog) on the product updates we're shipping here at ReadMe. We'd love to hear what you think of these updates at [email protected]!