Hello and happy August, y'all! Even though we wrapped up Customer Appreciation Week last week, we're still tying up some loose ends on some of that work. Lots of stuff went out this week, including improvements to file uploads, Metrics onboarding, and more. Details below! 🪢
- This release includes a major overhaul to how we handle file uploads in the API Reference! We now do a better job of handling a variety of different file types and preserving file metadata (file name, file type, etc.). Additionally, the corresponding code samples are much cleaner and more actionable. Oh and I almost forgot—you can now upload multiple files at once! Lots of good stuff here, y'all. 🗃️
- The beta rollout of our new editor continues! I’m actually using it as we speak to write this and I can attest to it being the absolute bee's knees. We’re continuing to ship more features for it, including a long-requested raw mode! If you want to get access (and sign up for any of our other upcoming betas 👀), fill out this form. ✍️
- We’re not one to make assumptions, but we've decided to make a small change in the API Reference when it comes to
enumvalues: if you have only one value, we safely assume it’s the default value. ☝️
- This release includes a variety of little improvements to our Metrics onboarding experience. 👋
- As of this release, we now support the
descriptionfield for Server Objects. ✍️
- Some minor touch-ups to the
apicode samples. 💅
- When it comes to following a recipe, certain steps take much longer than others. In this release, we’ve fixed some of our styling to better handle longer steps. 🍳
- Certain customers were having issues accessing their discussion forums—this release addresses those issues. 💬
- If uploading an API definition to ReadMe fails for any reason, we now do a better job of cleaning up the mess. 🧹
- This release includes some improvements to how we handle page scrolling for hash links. 📜
- This release includes some work to ensure that links don’t break if you rename a recipe. 🔗
- Some small markup improvements to better reflect any page metadata that you specify. 🔍
- Fixed some linking issues when navigating between different project versions. 🧭
- Fixed an extremely obscure edge case with page slug uniqueness. 💯
Hope you're staying safe and healthy! Thanks for being a part of the ReadMe community, folks.
—Kanad and the ReadMe team
What is the Owlet Weekly Update?
Thanks for tuning in to another edition of our Owlet Weekly Update—an owlet-sized update (posted every week to the ReadMe Changelog) on the product updates we're shipping here at ReadMe. We'd love to hear what you think of these updates at [email protected]!