Setting up Okta and ReadMe allows members in your organization to authenticate with Okta and access various projects under ReadMe.
- Go to applications within your admin dashboard in okta. It's important that you are in the classic UI.
- Select "Create New App" (Do not use the ReadMe pre-built app). Make sure this is a custom app and not the default "ReadMe" Okta app.
- Choose SAML 2.0 for the sign in method.
- Refer to the Single Sign-On IDP Configuration in the dash to set the Single Sign-On URL. It should look something like this: https://readmeio.auth0.com/login/callback?connection=parentsubdomain-1
- Do the same thing for Audience URI/Entity ID. It should look something like this: urn:auth0:readmeio:parentsubdomain-1
- Set the attribute statements as specified below:
|Name||Name format (optional)||Value|
- Set the groups mapping as specified below (if you are using this feature). You can read more about group mappings here.
|Name||Name format (optional)||Filter|
|groups||Unspecified||Matches regex: .+|
- Create the app!
- View the "Sign On" tab in the application settings, and follow the instructions under "View Setup Instructions". The documentation in "View Setup Instructions" will give you all the credentials required to fill in the Typeform form.
- Users can set up SSO in the ReadMe dash now! Go to the Teammates tab, open the dropdown menu under "Single Sign-On" and select SAML. Click on the Configure link that pops up underneath and you will see a window with all the necessary configuration info as well as fields to fill out:
Make sure you are on the Classic UI
The screenshots below are taken from our Okta dev console test account, but all settings are the same as the Classic UI.
Updated 4 months ago