We have implemented a more powerful search using Algolia to help your users find the articles they are searching for even faster.
You can find the search in the fixed navigation bar:
As you type, the entire project is searched, with the search term underlined. Users can also filter the query down to specific sections to get more accurate results.
Search can also be opened by pressing cmd/ctrl+k and navigated using nothing but the keyboard.
In order to deliver the fastest possible search experience, Algolia does not index every single character on every single page in every project. Indexing for search is subject to the following limitations:
- Up to 3,000 characters including spaces and punctuation following every heading
- Up to about 400 words in tables (it varies slightly depending on how many columns there are due to how tables are stored in raw text)
- No raw HTML
Here a few best practices that help ensure most or all of your content is indexed for search:
- Add sub-headings to break up large chunks of text—users often entirely skip paragraphs longer than about 200 words in any case
- Separate large tables into multiple smaller tables
- Avoid wrapping important content in raw HTML
If you have several projects unified under an Enterprise Group, search will work across all the projects under that domain. Users will also be able to search only specific projects to limit the results that are returned.
New Search API!
You can now use our new Search API
To use the search API, make a call to
Updated 8 days ago